Robert E. Pike, CFA, AIF
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
Emery is the President and Chief Investment Officer of Stratford Advisors, a registered investment advisory and consulting firm based in Winston-Salem NC. He established the Company in 2004 after a career with the Wachovia Corporation, where he was a Senior Vice President with the Asset Management Group. He managed portfolios and provided investment research and strategy for a variety of foundations, endowments, hospitals, corporations, mutual funds, common trust funds, and individuals. Read more »
Emery earned the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation in 1991 and is a past President and Board Member of the CFA NC Society. He has also earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies, a division of Fiduciary360, the preeminent formal training program in investment fiduciary responsibility. He has also taught as an Adjunct Professor of Finance at High Point University and Wake Forest University.
Emery currently serves on the Investment Committee of the Plan Sponsor Council of America, the nation’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to safe-guarding and improving America’s qualified retirement plan system.
He graduated cum laude with “Honors in History” from Wake Forest University in 1984 and holds an MBA from the Babcock Graduate School of Management of Wake Forest University. He has made North Carolina his home since 1980.
Marjorie R. Pike
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Marjorie is the Secretary & Treasurer of Stratford Advisors, and manages our office and finances, as well as providing client support. She is originally from Huntington, WV, and is a graduate of Salem Academy and Salem College, where she received her Bachelor Arts in Arts Management and her Masters of the Arts of Teaching. She has worked in arts related nonprofits, the travel industry, and as an elementary school teacher. She has been active in the community through promoting family literacy, raising autism awareness, and her church.
Purpose, Vision, Mission & Values
Purpose, Vision and Mission
- Purpose To help investors provide for themselves and others.
- Vision To become a recognized leader in serving investors by providing outstanding research, portfolio management and client service.
- Mission To provide confidential, expert, and objective advice and personalized service to investors seeking prudent management of their assets.
- Integrity We demand of ourselves and of others the highest ethical standards.
- Service We understand that our rewards are only proportional to the service we provide and that service to others is the foundation of our success.
- Empathy Every investor has a unique perspective on risk and reward shaped by their own experience. We will endeavor at all times to insure that the portfolios entrusted to us reflect these unique preferences and constraints to the best of our ability.
- Excellence We will strive at all times and in everything we do to improve upon that which came before and to never accept less than our best effort.
- Knowledge The quest for knowledge shall never cease. We will consider every person a teacher, and every day an opportunity to learn. We will always question and explore, and learn from our mistakes.